About CAPAS Chengdu
Since 2014, Chengdu International Trade Fair for Automotive Parts and Aftermarket Services (CAPAS), one of the top 10 exhibition brands in the Sichuan Province, has been delivering a highly integrated business platform to facilitate core market needs in Southwest China. It also acts as the fast lane for many overseas companies to tap into this promising market.
The 7th edition of CAPAS will continue to put together its industry and global resources in offering a leading platform in automotive industry for business, information exchange and investment. Additional services such as matchmaking, consultations and site visits will also be arranged to facilitate the participation.
- The fair leverages the global and local resources and networks of its organisers, Messe Frankfurt, the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, the Automotive Sub-Council (CCPIT-Auto) and the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Sichuan Council (CCPIT-Sichuan).
- Extensive support from local governments, industry associations and industry leaders
- Comprehensive product coverage which addresses the local market needs and the future trends
- The fair is not only an efficient marketplace, but the carefully designed fringe programme held before and during the show also provides a fast lane for understanding, building ties and exploring a new opportunity in this promising market.
- High quality of visitors with 62.9%* are at management level, many of them are distributors and service sector operators.
*2019 visitor survey
Robust domestic demands
As a result of the rapid economic growth and the quickly expanding road networks in Southwest China, in 2018 the region has over 24 million units of vehicles on road, similar to that of the more developed regions in Eastern coast. Many government projects are going on that create strong sourcing demands in the fair.
 Traffic Management Bureau of the Ministry of Public Security, PRC
A hotspot for automotive manufacturing
Many world’s leading companies such as FAW-Volkswagen, FAW-Toyota, Volvo, Geely, DPCA have chosen Sichuan as their production and research base. According to government guidance, by 2020, Sichuan‘s vehicle production is expected to reach 4 million units, with 10 key carmakers and 800 large-scale auto parts manufacturers.
 “The guidance of Sichuan Province’s 13th Five-Year Plan for automotive industry development”, Sichuan Provincial Economic and Information Commission. 21 Sep 2017.
A Gateway to the Belt & Road countries
Being at the strategic location of Belt & Road Initiative, automotive production sector benefits from the related government supportive policies which facilitate forming overseas partnerships and establishing joint manufacturing plants.
Emerging hub for New Energy Vehicle
Sichuan is now an important R&D and production base for new energy vehicles for both passenger cars and commercial vehicles. By 2020, new energy vehicle production capacity can reach 0.3 million units in Sichuan with an industrial output value of over RMB100 billion.
 “Sichuan new-energy vehicle production capacity will reach 300,000 by 2020”, d1ev.com. https://www.d1ev.com/news/zhengce/56976 Retrieved on 18 June 2019.